Monday, November 26, 2007

Sad Today - But Hopeful

Got an email today from a friend's husband, that she passed away last evening. She has been battling cancer for a while now. I was so sad and surprised. I had just received an email update from her about a week and a half ago and she was so upbeat. We were really good friends with them when we lived in Arkansas and she was a phenomenal person. She always made me laugh and she and I had children that were close in age. She had such a great attitude and always closed her emails with words like, "still smiling", "enjoying God's incredible grace". I know she is in heaven sitting at the feet of Jesus and I know she is adding much laughter and joy to the throngs of heaven.

Thank God for sending Jesus to us and for taking away the sting of death. There are so many scriptures that refer to this and the scripture that is so neat to me is from Psalm 116:15, "precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints."

God created us for His glory and for fellowship. This earth is only a temporary stopping place for us. What an incredible thought; life does not end here, but this is just the beginning. We have eternity to look forward to. I don't know about you, but I don't know of any other being that has ever offered anything like that to humankind. Thank you, Jesus, that your death gives us life!!

3 comments:

DebbieP said...

Oh I am so sorry. It is such a bitter sweet event when a Christian dies. Those of us left behind miss that person so much, but oh what a joy to KNOW that she is with Jesus right now. She is running and jumping and totally FREE!

Debbie C. said...

AMEN!!

Connie said...

It really is a bitter sweet thing. Praying for comfort for her family.