Sunday, November 25, 2007

Getting Ready

I love this season, the time from Thanksgiving to Christmas. I love all that it entails; the colder weather, the hope of a bit of snow?? (sorry, but I'm originally from the north), baking, Christmas decorations, apple cider, presents under the tree, fun times with family and friends, and of course, all the preparations that happen at church. We have several things going on at our church at this time of year. We have several parties to attend and one to give and also two programs to share. The first will be on December 9th and is called "The Planet with the People". It is a drama and musical and has a wonderful message of Jesus coming in human form to that planet with the people. My husband, son and I have minor parts, but just being a part is so much fun. Also, I am singing in the choir for that same program. Singing is one of my favorite things to do, and I feel so blessed to be able to join in with the others. The practices and camaraderie that go with that are such a special part of the season for me. On December 16th, our children will be sharing their program. It is called "Christmas Where, When and Why". I am blessed to be helping with the music for this production. So, there's alot of preparation going on and I love being a part. It makes Christmas all the more special for me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is my favorite time of the year too. We have a ton of traditions like you guys. There is something magical about the month of December. Thank God for the gift of His Son, Jesus Christ!!

Rick Womack said...

and one of the things i'm thankful for is the crawford clan...you guys rock! i really appreciate the heart and passion with which you all serve...you're a huge blessing!

DebbieP said...

I too am so thankful for the Crawford Family. I could not pull off helping the kids with the Christmas production without y'all! I am so excited to get to see the adult production, and can't wait until the kids get to minister! We are praying for many to come to the Lord this Christmas Season!