Sunday, January 6, 2008

A New Beginning

Well, today was our first Sunday in our new sanctuary and I must say it was incredible!! I was in a "wow" mode most of the service; everything just went so smoothly, the sound system sounded great, the room was a comfortable temperature, we had a great number of people there, Pastor Mel's sermon was incredible and worship was awesome. If there were any hitches or glitches I sure didn't know about it!! I guess my favorite thing about the new church is our "plaza" area or foyer. It is large and wraps around the whole back of the church and we also have a cafe area and today before and after service there were people milling about everywhere just enjoying fellowship. I just love to see people taking time with each other. I think it's one of the things that is missing in many churches. People really do want to connect and want to feel a part of something. I pray God will use our new facility to help us be able to reach out and touch people. That's what Jesus did, He took time with people and I believe that's what we have to do, more than ever, in this day and age we live in.

1 comments:

DebbieP said...

Oh I couldn't agree with you more. Yesterday was incredible. I am excited about what God is going to do this year and now we have a new tool for ministry. The fellowship was sweet and the energy high! I love that Pastor Mel is calling for a reverent attitude in the sanctuary. It used to bother me that people would drink in the old sanctuary. Now we have a place for reverent worship and a special place for fellowship! The acoustics were great too!