Monday, December 10, 2007

Happy Monday

Good morning and good Monday to everyone. I cannot believe it is nearly Christmas and I have not finished shopping yet!! We have been doing alot of "partying" lately, (the good kind - hee). Saturday had a dress rehearsal for the drama/choir presentation at church. Saturday evening a Care Ministry party at church. Sunday the production and Sunday afternoon went to the Athens Symphony Christmas production at the Classic Center. It was fabulous, as usual, and really puts you in the Christmas spirit. They did two selections from Handel's Messiah, my favorite being the "Hallelujah Chorus". Wow, what music!! and with a 102 voice choir, all I can say is I had goosebumps. Then after that went to some friends for ice cream and coffee. Tonight my daughters and I are hosting our fourth (or is it fifth?) annual ornament exchange here at our house. We have friends over, (it started out with mothers and daughters and has evolved into a bit more than that) and snack (wassail , again - unspiked), fellowship and then do the exchange. The exchange itself, is like a White Elephant exchange, where you unwrap your gift and then the next person can take yours or get another. It ends up being alot of fun. Of course, the last person is in the best position, because they get to pick from everything. Lots to do today to prepare, lots of baking, but we love this particular event. Have a wonderful beginning to your week -

2 comments:

Jeff Keith said...

Enjoy your party! Luckily, I am not quite that busy. That choir sounds great. I would have loved to hear them!

DebbieP said...

What a great idea, sounds like fun!