Friday, December 7, 2007

Friday Fact - Christmas Wassail



Did you know that the word "Wassail" comes from the Old Norse "vas heill" - to be of good health? This later evolved into the tradition of visiting neighbors on Christmas Eve and drinking to their health.

Speaking of Wassail, I had a couple of good friends over for lunch today. We have been friends for a long time and always get together for birthdays, etc... We just recently started getting together for Christmas. We had wassail, of course, one of my favorite Christmas beverages. (I also love Egg Nog). Anyway, I am posting a picture of us in front of our Christmas Tree. Left to right - me, Sheri and Kathy. I thank the Lord for good friendships!!

6 comments:

Jeff Keith said...

I have nevewr heard if wassail. I anm going to try to find some! That Georgia G on your tre is Gawgeous!

Jessie said...

I love wassail too (apparently I've been remiss in sharing it with my hubby!)
I'm glad you have such a close group of friends to get together with. That's important for us girls!

Jessie said...

I can't believe he spotted that itty bitty G. I had to hunt for it after I read his comment!

Anonymous said...

I also never heared of wassail, is it spiked!?!!? Gotta agree with Keith, (that's happening a lot lately) the G is awesome!!!! Love your blog!!!
Todd

Debbie C. said...

No, the wassail is not spiked!! I am a "tee-totaler" ;-) Never touch the stuff, that in itself is another topic, should Christians drink alcohol? Okay, I won't go there --

DebbieP said...

Who needs the effects of alcohol when we have the holy Spirit! I must say that the Georgia ornament stood out to me right away. Go Dawgs!