Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Food For Thought

I saw a poem earlier that really spoke to me. I'm not going to share it word for word but just the idea behind it:

If you and your family were taken out of this world for some reason and someone else had to sort through your belongings what would they find?

Would your home be a witness of the Lord or a dishonor to Him?
What about your CD, DVD and video collection, what is the content in them?
How about your books; would you feel comfortable letting Jesus read them?
Magazines - what types are in your home?
Your tax returns - did they reflect that you gave to the Lord and His church and trusted Him with your finances?

Bottom line - would your lifestyle and what you left behind draw people to our Lord?

If not, it's time to do some housecleaning!

2 comments:

DebbieP said...

AMEN sister! That is a good word! That is something that we try to live by. I have said the same thing myself - If you wouldn't want Jesus to read that book with you (or watch that movie, etc) why read or watch it? Also I mostly listen to Christian music for the simple reason that I have a hard enough time focusing on the Lord. Music plays in our minds repeatedly, so why not make it music that glorifies the Lord! Darin has been so good for me, encouraging me not to get tempted to watch TV shows or movies that are popular if they are not pleasing to God. Sometimes I want to watch them to be like other people when God is the only One I need to worry about pleasing!

Anonymous said...

Good food for thought. I was just thinking about that yesterday. I'm trying to "clean house" now - LOL.