Saturday, August 11, 2007

Gearing Up!!

Wow, where has the week gone? It seems I just posted and yet almost a week has passed.

Well, I got my family back from Scotland and will be posting some pics for you later. Waiting for my daughter to either send me some from her laptop to my computer or burn them to a dvd so I can share them. Amazing, just 5 years ago, this kind of technology was almost unheard of.

Anyway, we are gearing up to start school a week from this Monday. We are a homeschooling family and so things work a bit different for us, but my kids are ready to get back to the books. So this week I have been busy searching for book bargains between Ebay and Half.com and other sources. I just about have everything purchased and am feeling really good about the money I have saved. Some of the books are used but that is okay. And I have also been busy selling some of our last years books, since other people are looking for deals like me. I love working on Ebay and have done alot of trading on there over the last several years, but it does take time. Again, five years ago, who would have thought that you could sell something at an online auction?!

Something else to mention: the horrible Georgia heat we have been experiencing of late. It has been a scorcher, over 100 for the last 4 days. Thank the Lord for A/C!

The Braves, well, all in all they've done pretty good this week. Last night's game against the Phillies was heartbreaking. They should've won it, but one mistake cost them. They did great against the Mets and I hope they can pull off a win tonight. I'm not sure about Cormier. He hasn't done that great in recent outings. But they're still my team and I will root for them regardless.

Have a great weekend!!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

You've got a lot going on. I'm so glad the family's back and had a good time. I hope you have a wonderful school year. I'm finally settling in to my routine and schedule a bit.