Tuesday, September 8, 2009

BOOK REVIEW #1 - The Noticer

Well, I just completed my very first book from Thomas Nelson Publishers and am now going to share my review with you.

The book is entitled "The Noticer" and was written by Andy Andrews.

This was an awesome book! It is fiction but has the feel of a true-to-life story during the read. The author takes his account of an elderly gentleman who is, over a period of time, befriending "needy" individuals and sharing his wisdom and insight with each of them. Each chapter highlights a new person and each chapter is, in and of itself, a new story. All, though, are woven together, by the author, into a beautiful story of hope and encouragement.

I'm not going to spoil the story for you by giving you details, because I really hope that you will pick it up and read it for yourself. It's quite an easy and quick read and the author gives plenty of detail to keep you going but you are not bogged down at all during the book. But, I will say, that this book has tons of everyday, practical advice and wisdom that all of us can use. Lots of day to day gems to hold onto in this book.

The thing I came away with is it's all about "perspective". And, when we start seeing things differently, it can, literally, change our lives.

I hope you will consider reading this book. I am actually recommending every member in my family to read it. If you would like to purchase your own copy, you may do so here.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great book!

Brandy Thixton said...

Brandon and I love this whole series! BTW... how is it that you are now reviewing books? Can I get in on that action? :)

Unknown said...

I love Andy Andrews he wrote one of my all time favorite books, the Travelers gift, awesome book that I highly recommend. I will have to check this one out as well....