Monday, September 21, 2009

Autumnal Equinox


The Autumnal Equinox - fancy term for First Day of Fall! It is only one of two days during the year when the length of day and night is the same.

Yes, it's here. My favorite season of the year. (hey, that rhymes!)

Why is it my favorite? Well, let me count the ways:

Beautiful leaves, cooler temperatures, less humidity, pumpkin pie, Thanksgiving, Christmas, shopping, ornament exchange, pumpkin bread, baking, fireplaces, long socks, sweaters, family traditions, Christmas trees, decorations, hot cider, crisp mornings, pumpkin pancakes.

Welcome Fall!! Fall, oh, how I love thee!!

3 comments:

Rick Womack said...

Amen on the Pumpkin Pancakes!

Unknown said...

Ditto!

DebbieP said...

Mmmm! I agree - Fall is wonderful! Even the leaves smell great!