Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Heading North

Well, I'm packing my bags and heading to Virginia today. Just found out that my mom has been put in a nursing home and I feel as if I need to get up there to see her. She has Alzheimer's and is slowly going down hill. It's pretty sad, when I called her at Easter, she didn't know me.
I remember going through this with my husband's dad, but it is never a fun thing to face. It amazes me how this disease takes everything away from people. So, please pray for me as I travel today, about 10 hours, and then as I spend time with my mom. I pray that I can be a blessing to her in some way and that maybe, just maybe, she will have a slight memory that I can jog her ailing brain with. Thanks and I'll check back soon!!

2 comments:

Rick Womack said...

praying...

DebbieP said...

Oh Debbie I am so sorry. We will DEFINITELY be praying. LOVE YOU!