Friday, May 16, 2008

Flirting With The French

Today I'll be experimenting. After I do my usual Friday ritual of housecleaning, I will commence to the unknown world of french bread-making.

Breadmaking is not new to me. I make homemade bread all the time. I stick to one very easy and familiar recipe. It's called "slightly sweet but simple" and is made with 100% freshly ground whole wheat flour. It is just a typical whole wheat yeast dough made with water, oil and honey.

I use:

This



and this















to get this.

Not only is this bread delicious but it is also very good for you. And I have several friends that buy the bread from us. I love making it and we love eating it, but you might say I am a creature of habit and don't branch out from my routine. Some might call it boring, but I prefer to say "tried and true".

Okay, so anyway, I have a good friend's daughter that is getting married tomorrow. She asked me if I would bake some loaves of french bread for the reception. Of course, I wanted to accomodate her, so today I will be experimenting and hopefully be able to come up with something tasty and remotely resembling french bread with all of it's delectable qualities; shape, crisp crust, light texture.

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

DebbieP said...

Oh you are so brave! I never even figured out how to make buns and rolls like you do, and my whole wheat bread never was a good or as pretty as yours. You really have talent and I admire your courage!

Let me know how they come out!

Brandy Thixton said...

Yum! We love homemade bread! I have a wheat loaf baking right now! When you find a good french recipe, would you be willing to share it? I still haven't found one I'm really happy with. =)

Unknown said...

I love experimenting in the kitchen! I'm not a bread maker though. My sister makes the best buttermilk biscuits ever! I'm not as successful as her in that area. However, she is not known for fabulous cheesecakes like me!