Saturday, June 16, 2007

Happy Fathers Day!!

Wow, I am amazed how fast this month of June is flying by. Thought I would catch up a bit with what's going on.

Sitting here taking care of some stuff on the computer and listening to the Braves/Indians game in the background. Right now it's 2-2 , top of the 4th. I hope we can pull it off. John Smoltz is doing a great job pitching.

It's been a busy day. While hubby and son spent most of the morning doing outside yard work I had lots of stuff to do inside. Making wheat bread for someone at church, also preparing for a Spanish class I'm going to teach tomorrow at church for our Mexico Missions Team. I love doing that and it's a great group this year. Now I need to go to the store and get some stuff to make a breakfast dish for our Sunday School class tomorrow morning. Then I need to make supper for my family. My kids have gone out to get their dad something for Father's Day. I always love seeing their cards and what they pick out.

The man I married happens to be a great husband and a wonderful father, too!! We are very blessed to have him in our lives. He has been such an example to me of how Christ loves the church and such an inspiration as a person that is so steady even in the face of trying circumstances.

My father passed away in 1979 at the age of 63 from a massive heart attack. I was a senior in college at the time. It was hard losing him, he was a good man and really tried to live his life according to the scriptures. He was not perfect but he tried as best he could and I admired him. So, I can't say Happy Father's Day to my real dad but I want to wish all the incredible godly men that we have in our lives a wonderful day tomorrow.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed reading your blog! This is the first time I've looked at it. Speaking of making bread for someone at church, where's mine? I would love to have some more of that DELICIOUS bread if you have time. You can send it to church with Kristin anytime.

Patrice