Thursday, July 19, 2007

Kidnapped

Well, today I turned the BIG 5 - 0!! It is really hard to believe that I am a half a century young, or 2 score and 10 years or 25 times 2 or however you might want to say it. I can't believe that I'm 50 because I feel as if I just turned 30 but that's okay. I don't mind celebrating birthdays because the alternative is not so good!! Today I was blessed to be "kidnapped" by two of my dear friends whom I have been celebrating birthdays with for about 10 years. They met me this morning at a little cafe in our town and told me that they had the whole day planned for me. We drove to another little quaint town and did some antique shopping, ate lunch and did some more shopping. Then went and got a frozen coffee at another cute shop and did some more talking and then went to have cake and ice cream at some more friends houses. To top it all off, I got to ride home in a convertible. I felt very special and enjoyed it immensely and if I had known that turning 50 was going to be this fun, I would've done it sooner!! It has been an awesome day and I feel so blessed to have such good friends to share a special day with.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie!

It sounds like you really had fun:) I want to wish you happy birthday and all the health and good there is.

By the way your'e blog is really nice... I hope that you will find the time to visit mine too :)

http://beygale.blogspot.com/

Din

Unknown said...

Wow! Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had an amazing day.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, in my store today I helped a lady upgrade her phone and she was celebrating her 100 birthday. Just think in another 50 years you could be still running around shopping!!!
Todd