Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Crawford Clan


Clan Crest Crawford - courtesy of www.scotclans.com

So part of the family is in Scotland this week and so I thought it would be neat to post the Crawford Clan crest in honor of that. Also a picture of the Crawford tartan. It's neat to read up on the different clans and the history. Notice on the crest the cross between the antlers. I should've known there'd be some kind of wildlife in the crest; I thought it might be a duck!! (For those of you that know my hubby is an avid hunter.)
Just talked to the family and they can see Edinburgh Castle from their hotel. Wow!!

The meaning of the words on the crest are: "I will give you safety by strength."

1 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so cool! I hope the family is continuing to have a blast in Scotland.