Tuesday, May 15, 2007

More on why I Love Lucy

As a post WWII baby boomer (1957) I, along with many other millions of people grew up watching and loving Lucy. I remember coming home from school and watching Lucy, Ricky, Ethel and Fred, every afternoon. Having grown up in a dysfunctional home (which I didn't realize until many years later) I think I saw Lucy and the simple comic and humor as a sort of escape for me. I will tell you this, there is not one show that does not still make me laugh. I am also happy to report that my three kids all love Lucy as well. Thanks to Ebay, I have slowly, over the last few years, acquired every video copy (83 episodes in all) of I Love Lucy and there are days that we will watch her for several hours on end. We also enjoy the Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour episodes, of which sadly only 13 were made before Lucy and Desi finally split up. After the foursome separated, it was never the same. The chemistry between these four individuals was something magical. It truly was and still is good, clean comedy. If you need some stress relief or just a good laugh, tune into I Love Lucy on TVLand or find you a few copies. You may just end up being a Lucy fanatic like millions of others.

0 comments: