Tuesday, May 15, 2007

American Idol

Well, another Idol week has come and gone and my picks are Blake and Melinda. I think Jordin has a nice voice but there's something about her personality that I just don't like. She seems a little "fakey" to me, kind of like a Katherine McPhee thing going on for me. Just my opinion. It's going to be a close one, but I think Melinda will definitely make the final. Between Blake and Jordin, who knows? They both have huge fan bases.
Speaking of contests, Lucy and Ethel were always having some contest or another with Ricky and Fred. Did you ever see the episode when Lucy has a tulip growing contest with her next door neighbor? She accidentally mows her neighbors tulips down and replaces them with wax ones. Ricky mows Lucy's grass that evening to get ready for the big day and he accidentally mows Lucy's tulips down. He also uses wax. Both get disqualifed because it's hot out when the judges come and both gardens start melting. It is absolutely hilarious. One thing about Lucy, she always came out the winner. Always a class act.
There's one more contest that I am keenly aware of everyday of my life. That would be the contest of good vs. evil. Thankfully, Jesus has already won this one. When Christ was crucified on the cross some 2,000 years ago, He won the keys to hell and death and made a way for all of us to live life to it's fullest. If we believe what He did for us on the cross and accept it as truth for our own lives, we will never lose. Now, that's something to get excited about!!

1 comments:

Rick Womack said...

great post...have to agree with your call on this week's show - i think jordin goes home, didn't think so last week, but she just didn't have it this week...
ahhhh, the theology of lucy! - great insight.