Saturday, September 27, 2008

Sorry Folks, but I gotta RANT!!

Okay, as sick as I am of the politics and the pundits I do have to do a bit of "ranting" here.

I'm having a bit of difficulty understanding how people that call themselves Christians can turn around and say they're voting for a particular candidate.

Okay, before you "x" out of my blog, please hear me out. I'm not saying I question a person's heart or am judging someone's heart, that is a "God" matter. I don't claim to see into anyone's heart. But, the big question and one I need clarification on is this: if a person is believing in God and living for Jesus Christ and living according to the Scriptures, then how can said person vote for a candidate who does not believe in the sanctify of life and does not believe in marriage being defined as the union between one man and one woman and does believe that homosexuality is okay?

Forget about the other issues; economy, foreign affairs, the war, etc...

Listen folks, if we don't get this right, we won't have to worry about our economy. I believe God is going to judge this nation and judge it hard. We have strayed so far from what our founding fathers set in place for this country. We have strayed so far from God's Word and from living out that Word in our lives and our value systems. It is apalling. It is scary. It is a wake up call.

Anybody - Everybody - IT'S TIME TO WAKE UP!!!

1 John 1:8-10 (New International Version)

8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make Him out to be a liar and His word has no place in our lives.

4 comments:

Rick Womack said...

totally agree!
thanks debbie - if what you said isn't enough - check out this also...
http://www.leadingsmart.com/leadingsmart/2008/09/joe-biden-ticks.html

DebbieP said...

EXACTLY! I can't understand how a Christian can be behind a candidate that supports abortion and same sex marriage. It's not about what a candidate can do for us (ie: get us more tax rebates or fund government programs that will benefit us) it is about obeying God and the Bible first. GOD will take care of ALL our needs. God - not the government. (Sorry I had to rant a little too)

Anonymous said...

I totally agree but wont to make this comment, people will tell you one thing and then go in and vote how ever they want. My point is there are a lot of people who agree with you on the issues but they will justify their vote because they will say it is not a political issue. At any rate preach it sister!!!

Beloved of the Lord said...

Amen and Amen!!