Monday, June 2, 2008

Weekend Wrap-Up

Well, we had the fish-fry Friday night, it was yum!! I'm not a big fish eater or seafood lover, mainly because of the strong, fishy flavor, but my hubby's fish is the greatest.

I remember, as a kid, my dad would bring home what he called "rock fish" and I think it was really "rock bass" but he would prepare it with the skin still on and bones still in and it tasted so strong and "fishy" to me. I hated it-so that was my impression of cooked fish. Also, used to eat "fish sticks" at school and hated those, too. How many of you remember Mrs. Paul's fish sticks?
Anyway, hubby made a believer out of me early in marriage and would cook bass, bream and crappie (pronounced "croppy"- sorry southerners but "crappy" just doesn't sound right or nice ;)

Hubby's fish is always fileted and nice and mild tasting; of course, I douse it in catsup and horseradish and make my own version of cocktail sauce, but it's good. I think everyone enjoyed it.

The leadership meeting was great, lots of good information and praying for God's wisdom for our church as we find direction for the coming months and years for His priorities and purposes for us as a body.

Sunday was an awesome service; God was really moving in our church and you could feel the Holy Spirit, it was pretty THICK in there. Neat to see God moving and touching people both in Sunday School and church.


Had a meeting with our "focus group" for the leadership meeting on Sunday afternoon. Our group consists of our Pastor (Pastor Mel), hubby and me and another sister in the Lord, Adeline. So we just decided to have it at our house after church. So we ate together and then met. Good meeting, lots of great brainstorming accomplished and then afterwards, Pastor Mel was playing Wii bowling with my hubby, (picture at left of hubby teaching Pastor Mel how to use the controller). Pastor Mel had never played the Wii before and he beat my hubby the first time. I love our Pastor, he's just so down to earth and is just a great guy!! Neat to see him just kicking back ~

Then, last night had a counseling session with a couple and it was also very fruitful and we really accomplished some good things. Got some communication happening and really felt the Lord give direction there.
I can't talk about the weekend without commenting on the Braves playing as of late. I, along with every other follower, is trying to figure out what is going on when they're on the road? It's like two different teams. All I do know is that if they want to clinch a spot at the end, they're going to have to do better. I think they already KNOW this, but how do they DO it is the big question. We're going to see them Friday night with some church people - maybe I can sit down and talk with Bobby about it....

All in all, a great weekend and I am still so amazed, on a daily basis, of God's amazing love for people. We really have no clue, as humans, but I am starting to get just a glimpse of what He wants for us. He wants to love on us in church and then wants us to go and love others outside of the church walls and He wants us to serve others.

This is the perfect picture of Christ!

2 comments:

Rick Womack said...

great post - praying for you guys and the leadership - truly believe that the best is yet to come for cotn!
i have a photo of pastor mel shooting hoops in the gym...nba quality - reminds me of michael jordin (minus the tongue hanging out - which is a good thing...)

great when you can 'do life' together - that's something all people really need

DebbieP said...

Great post! I think "real" ministry can happen when we are open, transparent and real with one another. Our Pastor is a great example of that and so are you and Melvin!