Monday, September 24, 2007

Are You Who You Want To Be?

Powerful and thought provoking words from a Switchfoot song:

"Yesterday is a wrinkle on your forehead
Yesterday is a promise that you’ve broken
Don’t close your eyes, don’t close your eyes
This is your life and today is all you’ve got now
Yeah, and today is all you’ll ever have
Don’t close your eyes, Don’t close your eyes
This is your life, are you who you want to be?
This is your life, are you who you want to be?
This is your life, is it everything you dreamed that it would be,
When the world was younger and you had everything to lose"

I had a bit of a scare last week. Suffice it to say that I had to go back for a second mammogram visit this week. They said something didn't look right. That was last Monday. So, it's been a pretty crazy week for me emotionally. Thankfully, the re-check was fine and there is no sign of abnormalities. But, I'll tell you that I did alot of soul searching and questioning this week. Not questioning God, but myself. This song pretty much sums up some of what I was feeling. Today is all we have, we aren't guaranteed tomorrow. Am I really who I want to be? No, sadly, I am not. I pray that the Lord will continue to mold me into the person I need to be for His kingdom.

3 comments:

Rick Womack said...

and that should be our prayer as well! praise God for a good report!

DebbieP said...

Oh, Debbie I am so sorry that you had such a week, but I know that God brought good from it already. Isn't it just awesome how God can do just that - work all things for good for them that love Him. I love you just the way you are but I am excited to see what God is doing in all of us!

Unknown said...

You are such a blessing! I'm so glad for a good report this week!