Thursday, February 12, 2009

In Search of the "Perfect" Phone

My hubby has a birthday coming up really soon. He's one of those people that, to me, is hard to shop for. He pretty much likes hunting stuff and fishing stuff; and he buys what he needs in that department. I've given him shirts, ties, sweaters, etc...
So my idea, this year, was to get him a new cell phone. Not just any cell phone, but one that he can really use and enjoy.
He's an investment broker and many of his cohorts at Edward Jones have purchased Smartphones. This is to enable them to not only make calls and schedule appointments but also to be able to download client portfolio information, transfer from his office computer to his phone any information at the touch of a button and stay up with the stock market, etc...
I really think it would be a useful tool for him.
The next question: what kind of phone to get? The only parameters I have from his workplace are a) they don't interface with Blackberry or Palm and b) it has to have at least Windows Mobile 5 or 6.
So, to those of you, my extreme "tech-y" friends, I would welcome feedback. I also don't want to spend an arm and a leg either. Because after you buy the phone you gotta pay for all that extra stuff too! Oh, one other important note - it's gotta be Verizon. Why? Well, when he goes duck-hunting in the fall in Arkansas, Verizon is the only carrier that connects out in the "boonies". So, Verizon is a must!
Comments welcome - thanks!

3 comments:

Rick Womack said...

i'd do a phone search using phonescoop.com - i don't know enough about the verizon phones to advise.

Unknown said...

Can't get a Blackberry? You know that I would have recommended one of those in a heartbeat as I love my Blackberry. Oh, well. Sadly, my expertise on Verizon phones is lacking...otherwise, I would have suggested the Blackberry Storm. Anyways, I was looking at the phonescoop website that Rick suggested...looks like a really good place to check out! Best of luck!

Unknown said...

I would have suggested you talk to Todd but seeing as how he's an ATT guy that may not be the right path! :) I'm not a techy! I consult Rick and Todd. Great idea though!