Thursday, December 18, 2008

Parties, Parties and more Parties

One of my favorite things about Christmas time, besides honoring the birth of our Savior, is to have special times of fellowship with friends and family. The family will come next week when we go to Shreveport to be with my hubby's family.

But over the last few weeks we have had the opportunity to host a few parties and fellowship with precious friends that the Lord has placed in our lives.

Here are a few pictures.
















These first pictures were taken at our house with our Sunday School class. We had a great time and we have an awesome group of people in this class. It is an honor to serve alongside each of them in learning and growing in Christ.

The second set of pictures was taken at our annual Ornament Exchange. This is given by my daughters and me at our home. We had 17 people this year and had an absolute blast! It's all ladies and we have snack food and then exchange ornaments with each other. This is one of my favorite get-togethers of the season!!













Then, every year, I celebrate a special luncheon with two of my special friends - Kathy & Sheri. We have known each other for over 12 years and have been doing this Christmas luncheon for about 5 or 6. I am thankful for both of them and the advice, love, tears and wisdom they have shared with me over the years. I love you gals!











And one last party that I host is for my ESL (English as a Second Language) and Spanish classes. I do this at the Learning Center in Hartwell. This year I had 5 ESL students and 5 Spanish students. We had a great time and I am so thankful for the friendships I have made and the opportunity to teach. God has truly blessed me in getting to know all of these lovely people.










4 comments:

DebbieP said...

I had a BLAST at the ornament exchange! You really know how to bless people!

I remembered a Christmas story to tell! I hosted for our first Christmas after we were married, and we had friends and my parents over. I didn't have a hand mixer so I used my food processor to mash my potatoes. They turned to glue! The blade literally stuck to the potatoes and when I tried to pull it out, it was pulled back in! It's funny now but then I was devastated!

Unknown said...

I look like I had too much "cider"! :D

Debbie C. said...

Yeah, rach, you do ;)

Debbie C. said...

Oh, Debbie, that reminds me of the first time I had Melvin's parents to our house at Christmas after we got married. I tried to cook all these great foods and did a special broccoli casserole and then found out after they arrived that his dad HATED broccoli. I wanted to crawl in a hole and die!