Thursday, August 7, 2008

Busy Summer





Hello Everyone!!


Well, just wanted to post a bit just to let you know I am still out here in bloggerville.
Life's been busy, hot and dry in Georgia, and a bit lazy, at times. But here's a wrap up of July:

  • In case you haven't noticed, the Braves are terrible this year. The hits keep coming, not off the bat, but to the team, and we just need something new to happen next year. I don't know what though. (I am saddened by Skip Caray's death, what a great announcer - I will miss his voice.)
  • We had the wonderful privilege to spend a week at Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. This was a trip my hubby won through his firm. We all got to go and we had a blast. Hubby and 2 of the kids went scuba diving (not my thing), we went parasailing and got some great pics of that thanks to this new friend, went shopping in a local market at the end of the beach, relaxed by the pool and beach and ate food that we got tired of really quickly. Sorry, I don't mean to complain, but really, the food was not the highlight of the trip. But being there with the sights and sounds was well worth it. (BTW- the picture at the top is the beach and it really looked just like that!!)

  • My uncle passed away at the beginning of July, so I went to Tallahassee for the funeral. It was great seeing cousins and spending some time with my aunt. I am thankful that my uncle knew the Lord and is in Heaven.

  • I celebrated a birthday (no, I'm not telling which one) and our oldest daughter just turned 22!

    I am ready for fall and ready for routine. School is getting ready to start for us. Our middle daughter will be starting an accelerated distance program that will get her a bachelor's in two years at about 1/4 of the cost of regular college. Our son will be going into ninth grade, for which I will be still be coaching him and making sure he's doing the work. He just got his acheivement tests back and did really well in all subjects - between 11th grade and college level, except in spelling, his weak area. But, I still love home-schooling and am so thankful we chose this route for our family.
  • Well, that's about it. Hope your summer has been exciting and adventurous. Here are some pics of our beach trip:







    Coming in for a landing. Parasailing was very fun and my first time, actually a first for everyone in our family!!

    3 comments:

    Beloved of the Lord said...

    Wow, that looks like a beautiful place. I'm feeling the same about school getting started-- we love a schedule!!

    Anonymous said...

    In life the difficulties always appear, however, the good things won't stop coming to you either. I'm sure you have some wonderful memories from your family vacation. :)

    The Revell Family said...

    Hi Debbie,
    I love your blog too. I think it's crazy that such a nice resort would have such not so great food! Oh well...Like you said, it was all worth it in the end!